Homeopathy treatment for Food Poisoning
Food poisoning occurs by eating contaminated food that contains toxins, chemicals, or bacteria to which the body reacts violently,
Loss of appetite, nausea, abdominal cramping, diarrhea, vomiting, sweating, and fever are common symptoms of food poisoning.
Severe dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, kidney failure, and shock are possible complications of any food poisoning, caused by prolonged or excessive vomiting and diarrhea. Medical attention should be sought immediately if vomiting and diarrhea cannot be stopped within a few hours, or if food poisoning occurs after eating canned food, which can be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, which causes botulism, a potentially fatal illness that can also cause paralysis. Get immediate emergency medical help if you develop symptoms after eating unknown mushrooms.
Observe the color and consistency of the stool.
Are the eyes sunken?
Are the lips dry and chapped?
Is there sweating? Fever?
Is there vomiting? How often? Dry heaves?
Get the stool tested for parasites or bacteria if symptoms do not resolve quickly.
"I feel high, but my feet feel frozen and I'm twitching." Agaricus
"I feel so sick after what I ate. I'm afraid I'll die." Arsenicum album
"I never should have eaten that canned hash." Botulinum
"The nausea is terrible and I can't stop vomiting." Ipecac
"We closed the deal, but the dinner made me sick." Nux Vomica
"My bowels were rumbling and the stool gushed out all over the toilet." Podophyllum
"I'm sure it was the nachos. Please help me get better." Pulsatilla"
"The meat smelled bad when I took it out of the refrigerator." Pyrogen
"Those spoiled clams and oysters gave me diarrhea and hives." Urtica urens
"I'm freezing and sweating, with terrible cramping and vomiting." Veratrum album
When did the diarrhea and/or vomiting start? How long has it been going on?
What is your stool like?
Do you have pain or cramping? Gas?
What makes the vomiting or diarrhea better or worse?
What time of day does the vomiting and diarrhea occur?
Are there any mental or emotional symptoms with the food poisoning'?
Have any other physical symptoms occurred?
Do you have any desires for particular foods or drinks?
If the person feels excessively anxious, give Arsenicum album.
· With vomiting, consider Ipecac and Veratrum album.
· For illness after rich foods, consider Nux vomica and Pulsatilla'! For severe diarrhea and abdominal cramping, think of Podophyllum and Veratrum album.
· For mushroom poisoning, give Agaricus.
· Give three pellets of 30C every hour, depending on the severity, until you see improvement.
· If no improvement after three doses, give a different medicine.
· After you first notice improvement, give another dose only if symptoms begin to return.
· Lower potencies (6X, 6C, 30X) may need to be given more often (every one to four hours).
· Higher potencies (200X, 200C, 1M) generally need to be given only once. Repeat infrequently only if the symptoms return with intensity.
What to Expect from Homeopathic Treatment
Homeopathic medicines can stop food poisoning symptoms within a few hours to a day. If symptoms persist or are severe, seek medical attention.
Other Self-Care Suggestions
Drink plenty of fluids, especially those that replace electrolytes such as Recharge, Gatorade, or V8 juice. I
· If hungry, eat a bland diet including bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.
· A small amount of unflavored yogurt or acidophilus can help replenish healthy intestinal flora.