Homeopathy treatment for Teething
Some children have no problems at all when their first teeth break through. For others, it is quite an ordeal, and for their parents as well.
The most common symptoms of teething are pain in the teeth and gums, drooling, redness and swelling of the gums, fever, changes in the stool, restlessness, fussiness, and difficulty sleeping .
Teething can be a challenging event, even though there are no complications.
What is the appearance of the gums?
Is there any drooling?
What position is the baby in?
Are there any changes in the stool?
Are there any other visible symptoms?
"Jose is such a delightful baby with chipmunk cheeks. He's always happy except when his teeth come in. He started to teethe much later than his brother." Calcarea carbonica
"Elijah is so miserable when he teethes. No matter what I give him, he doesn't want it. It's like he just wants to be in another body." Calcarea phosphorica
"My baby, Trish, turns into a little monster during teething. She kicks and screams and acts like she hates me." Chamomilla
"Jerrilyn is so delicate and neat. She's almost like a little adult." Silica
When did the symptoms begin?
What are the specific symptoms?
What makes the symptoms better or worse?
What is the baby's mood?
Pointers for Finding the Homeopathic Medicine
If the baby is chubby, contented, sweaty on the back of his head, and slow to teethe, give Calcarea carbonica.
· For babies who are beside them- selves and inconsolable when they teethe and whose tantrums are outrageous, give Chamomilla.
· If she is peevish and nothing pleases her, but she's not as fussy as described for Chamomilla, give Calcarea phosphorica.
· If Calcarea phosphorica doesn't work, give Chamomilla. I If the baby has delicate features, is constipated, and is slow to teethe, give Silica.
· Give three pellets of 30C every fifteen minutes for two to four hours, de- pending on the severity of the symptoms, until you see improvement.
· If there is no improvement after three doses, give a different medicine.
· After you first notice improvement, give another dose only if symptoms begin to return .
· Lower potencies (6X, 6C, 30X) may need to be given more often (every two to four hours).
· Higher potencies (200X, 200C, 1M) generally need to be given only once. Repeat only if symptoms return with intensity; administer only in- frequently in this case.
What to Expect from Homeopathic Self-Care
Homeopathy can relieve symptoms within fifteen minutes to one day.
Other Self-Care Suggestions
Giving the baby something cold to chew on often relieves discomfort. This can be a pacifier or teething ring that has been put briefly in the freezer, or ice wrapped in a clean, wet cloth.
· If you cannot find homeopathic medicines, give the baby dilute chamomile tea.
· If you cannot find any single homeopathic medicines and you are desperate, try the homeopathic combination teething tablets.