IMMENSE VALUABLE INFORMATION ABOUT JOB APPLICATION FOR INTERVIEW
- IMMENSE VALUABLE INFORMATION ABOUT JOB APPLICATION FOR INTERVIEW GENERAL OBSERVATION It goes without saying that you will only be asked to come for an interview if you have made an initial approach for a job. You would do well to make a......More
WHAT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IN INTERVIEW?
- WHAT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IN INTERVIEW? There are several techniques available for assessing the behaviour of the short-listed candidates in order to make decisions about their suitability for the job. The interview is by far the......More
WHAT IS AN INTERVIEW?
- WHAT IS AN INTERVIEW? General Observation One can not deny the fact that an interview is an art. You have to make preparation it with care and effort. Remember that a successful interview means a bright career. There are many candidates......More
IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF AN INTERVIEW
- IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF AN INTERVIEW You have been invited to an interview. You know you are not wasting your time. This is a job for which you are genuinely suited. And you would like it. Now your immediate concern is to make yourself the......More
HOW TO MAINTAIN AN INTERVIEW FILE?
- HOW TO MAINTAIN AN INTERVIEW FILE? The one and only one aim of all the preparation and information collecting prior to the interview is to ensure the following. (a) That you get called for interview. (b) That you arrive at the......More
IMPORTANCE OF BACKGROUND INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOB, THE ORGANISATION AND THE INTERVIEWER
- IMPORTANCE OF BACKGROUND INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOB, THE ORGANISATION AND THE INTERVIEWER It must be kept in mind that background information about the job and the organisation is very helpful to you in many ways. It can safely be taken for......More
WHAT TO DO BEFORE THE INTERVIEW?
- WHAT TO DO BEFORE THE INTERVIEW? You should apply for a post where you have a real chance of being successful. In order to be able to do this, you must know what you are capable of. You must also know your weak points, in order that you are......More
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW?
- HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW? You know you are not wasting your time. The reason is that this is a job for which you are really suited. And you would like it. First, you must know what you are going to be interviewed for. It goes without......More
HOW TO FACE A PANEL INTERVIEW?
- HOW TO FACE A PANEL INTERVIEW? General Observation You should always remember that the principles about giving answers to questions are mostly the same in any kind of interview. There will be occasions when you will be interviewed by......More
PERSONAL QUESTIONS ASKED BY THE INTERVIEWER
- PERSONAL QUESTIONS ASKED BY THE INTERVIEWER 1. Why does this role interest you? Or why have you applied for this job? Instruction: Keep the focus of the answer to this question on your skills, experience and personal qualities. Link the......More
HOW TO HANDLE INAPPROPRIATE QUESTIONS
- HOW TO HANDLE INAPPROPRIATE QUESTIONS If you can recognise possibly discriminatory questions or you consider them inappropriate, you are under no obligation to answer them. For example, an employer may ask whether you have children - just to......More
WHAT IS THE STANDARD INTERVIEW FORMAT?
- WHAT IS THE STANDARD INTERVIEW FORMAT? Remember that there is a generally accepted standard interview format. It goes something like this: (a) You arrive at the place where the interview is scheduled to be held, and wait to be......More
QUESTIONS LIKELY To BE ASKED AT AN INTERVIEW
- QUESTIONS LIKELY TO BE ASKED AT AN INTERVIEW General Observation It is a simple and pure truth that there is no limit to the range of questions you may be asked. Bear in mind that there are many questions which come up time and time......More
MODEL ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS POSED BY INTERVIEWERS
- MODEL ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS POSED BY INTERVIEWERS It is an almost universally accepted veracity that there are certain questions that crop up very often in interviews. These questions have relevance for nearly everyone. Merely for the benefit......More
POINTS FOR INFORMATION AND CONSIDERATION BEFORE THE INTERVIEW
- POINTS FOR INFORMATION AND CONSIDERATION BEFORE THE INTERVIEW You must keep in mind some essential points given below for you. Give thorough attention before you present yourself at the interview. It is needless to say that a clear......More
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THE JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR INTERVIEW
- YOUR EXPERIENCE AND THE JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR INTERVIEW It is needless to stress upon the fact that you will have to learn in order to bring out the salient facts in your career. You have to present your experience to suit the position you......More
HOW TO ENTER THE INTERVIEW ROOM?
- HOW TO ENTER THE INTERVIEW ROOM? It might be that you would be required to wait with other candidates in an adjoining room before you are called in. Try your best to use this period productively in order to augment your interview chances.......More
HOW TO GIVE ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS IN INTERVIEW?
- HOW TO GIVE ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS IN INTERVIEW? Make a due note of the fact that, while giving answers to questions posed by an interviewer at an interview, you must be honest. You should speak the truth. Do not try to bluff the interviewer.......More
HOW TO RECAPTURE THE INTERVIEWER ATTENTION?
- HOW TO RECAPTURE THE INTERVIEWER ATTENTION? While taking the interviewer, you must watch him or her to see that he or she is listening to what you are saying. In case, the interviewer is not listening, you should vary the tone of your speech......More
QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO ASK TOWARDS THE END OF THE INTERVIEW
- QUESTIONS YOU NEED TO ASK TOWARDS THE END OF THE INTERVIEW The usual practice is that towards the closing stages of the interview, the interviewer will ask you if there are any questions you want to ask. It does not mean that you should not......More
WHAT TO DO AFTER THE INTERVIEW?
- WHAT TO DO AFTER THE INTERVIEW? Know it for certain that it is in your tremendous interest to review, after the interview is over, your performance as soon as possible, before the memories and impressions fade. It is of utmost importance. If......More
WHAT IS A SECOND INTERVIEW?
- WHAT IS A SECOND INTERVIEW? Remember that there are occasions when a candidate is called for a second interview. This unmistakably means that you have been successful in the first interview. It is certainly a good achievement. It augurs well......More
HOW TO COPE WITH NERVOUSNESS AND TENSION FOR INTERVIEW?
- HOW TO COPE WITH NERVOUSNESS AND TENSION OF INTERVIEW? This chapter lucidity deals with valuable hints about combating nervousness and tension. It is a simple and natural to feel nervous. None can deny it. However, if interview nervousness......More
HOW TO A VOID ANGER, ARROGANCE AND ARGUMENTS FOR INTERVIEW?
- HOW TO A VOID ANGER, ARROGANCE AND ARGUMENTS FOR INTERVIEW? You should, any how avoid or having an argument with the interviewer. Remember that an argument or hot talk with the interviewer will only affect you. You will not achieve anything.......More
ALL ABOUT HANDSHAKE, POSTURE, UNDESIRABLE GESTURES AND MANNERISMS WITH THE INTERVIEW
- ALL ABOUT HANDSHAKE, POSTURE, UNDESIRABLE GESTURES AND MANNERISMS WITH THE INTERVIEW How to shake hands with the interviewer? People (eel that they can tell a lot from a handshake. None can deny the fact that they are right. Remember......More
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT DRESS AND APPEARANCE FOR INTERVIEW?
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT DRESS AND APPEARANCE FOR INTERVIEW? It is absolutely right to say that appearance and dressing sence make a quick opinion within a minute. It is absolutely needless to say that in an interview you will have no time to......More
ADVANTAGES OF SKILLS AND ASSEKTIVE BEHAVIOUR IN AN INTERVIEW
- ADVANTAGES OF SKILLS AND ASSEKTIVE BEHAVIOUR IN AN INTERVIEW Let its first understand what an assertive communication is. It is the art of direct, lucid, precise and honest expression of feelings. Such feeling may be positive or negative.......More
VALUABLE INFORMATION ABOUT SPEECH AND VOICE FOR INTERVIEW
- , in most cases, want you to give your answers in good spoken English. It is immensely important for you to be able to do So. Bear in mind that conversation in various offices is, in general, carried on in the English language. (The interview may be......More
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT PERSONALITY FOR INTERVIEW?
- WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT PERSONALITY FOR INTERVIEW? His a universally accepted truth that personality is a word which we all use in our day to day life. While using the word personality, we .mean different things in different circumstances. For......More
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT AN INTERVIEW AS A SOCIAL OCCASION
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT AN INTERVIEW AS A SOCIAL OCCASION It goes without saying that there are many techniques available for assessing the behaviour of the short-listed candidates in order to .make decisions about their suitability for......More
THE INTERVIEW, THE INTERVIEWER AND THE INTERVIEWEE
- THE INTERVIEW, THE INTERVIEWER AND THE INTERVIEWEE It goes without saying that the interview should be arranged in all organised fashion. The interviewer should make sure that the interview takes place in relaxing conditions. These are very......More
WHAT ARE THE THINGS THE INTERVIEWER IS LOOKING FOR?
- WHAT ARE THE THINGS THE INTERVIEWER IS LOOKING FOR? It is my firm belief that you, like all other interviewees, long to know what interviewers look for in a candidate. Bear in mind that what they look for certainly differ from one......More
WHAT ARE THE TECHNIQUES ADOPTED BY INTERVIEWERS ?
- WHAT ARE THE TECHNIQUES ADOPTED BY INTERVIEWERS ? Bear in mind that the interviewer has to employ certain techniques and styles to complete the structure of the interview. These techniques and styles invariably enable the interviewer to try......More
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT CHARACTERISTICS OF INTERVIEWERS?
- WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT CHARACTERISTICS OF INTERVIEWERS? It is a universally accepted veracity (truth) that interviewers differ in as much as they have different personalities with different cultural back- grounds, thought processes and......More
MAIN HEADINGS UNDER WHICH QUESTIONS ARE ASKED FOR INTERVIEW
- MAIN HEADINGS UNDER WHICH QUESTIONS ARE ASKED Remember that questions asked by tile interviewer during an interview fall under seven main heading». These are: (a) Physique (b) Attainments......More
NEGATIVE FACTORS WHICH FREQUENTLY LEAD TO REJECTION OF THE CANDIDATE FOR INTERVIEW
- NEGATIVE FACTORS WHICH FREQUENTLY LEAD TO REJECTION OF THE CANDIDATE FOR INTERVIEW Know it for certain that there are certain common reasons why a candidate is rejected. They are listed below for your guidance. 1. Poor personal......More