Mycotoxins

Mycotoxins

Molds produce some of the most toxic substances known,

called mycotoxins. One small moldy fruit or vegetable can pollute

a huge batch of juice, jam or other product. Although molds

are alive, and can be killed by zapping, mycotoxins are not, and

must be detoxified by your liver.

But because mycotoxins are so extremely poisonous, a tiny

amount can incapacitate a part of the liver for days!

Aflatoxin is the most common mycotoxin I detect. It is produced

by molds that grow on quite a variety of plants. For that

reason I am always cautioning people to eat only perfect citrus

fruit, and never drink commercial fruit juice. Of the thousands of

oranges that go into the batch of orange juice you drink, one is

sure to be moldy, and that is all it takes to give your liver a

setback.

A heavy dose of vitamin C helps the liver recover quickly. It

also helps get rid of aflatoxin before it is consumed, right in the

food container. So keep a plastic shaker of vitamin C powder

handy and use it like salt on all your food.

There are thirteen other mycotoxins I have searched for in our

foods. They are described in the section on moldy food (page

381).



Do you have any questions?

Watch Now